How do you install your Tattou babymonitor by Wi-Fi?
How do you install your Tattou babymonitor by ZERO Emission?
What should I do if my babymonitor does not connect correctly?
Be sure that:
- you are using the official application of Tattou found in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store by its official reseller Jollymex NV;
- your Wi-Fi network is working properly and has a speed of 2 Mbps or higher;
- Your smartphone or tablet should be able to connect your 2,4 GHz Wi-Fi network;
- The Tattou babymonitor is placed so that it has a decent Wi-Fi signal;
- Your home network is not blocked by a firewall and your router does not filter MAC-adresses.
If none of the above is working, try resetting your babymonitor:
- Make sure that your babymonitor is plugged into the power adapter
- Make sure that your babymonitor is indicating a green light
- Use a fine tool to push the reset button for at least 10 seconds until you hear a sound. The reset button is indicated with the following symbol:
Delete the babymonitor from the Tattou application and re-start the installation procedure.
I have connected my smartphone with the Wi-Fi network of my babymonitor, but it does not find it.
Be sure that:
- If you are running Android 6.0 or higher be sure to allow your smartphone to stay connected to the network of your babymonitor, although there is no active Internet connection through this network;
- You are well connected to the Wi-Fi network of the babymonitor by correctly inputting its password;
- You are well connected to the Wi-Fi network of the babymonitor by being within close range (max. 20m)
If none of the above helps you, try inputting the UID of the babymonitor manually. You can find the UID that corresponds to your babymonitor on the sticker on the bottom of the device.
How do you reset your Tattou babymonitor?
- Plug your babymonitor into the power adapter, and wait for the light to turn green
- Use a fine tool to push the reset button for 10 seconds
I do not receive any notifications on my Android smartphone when the screen is locked
Smartphones that use a newer version of the Android operating system may experience this problem. The reason you do not receive any notifications is because your smartphone closes the Tattou application completely in the background. Follow the steps below to solve your problem:
- Go to the settings menu on your smartphone
- Go to the tab ‘Apps’ or ‘Applications’
- Search for the application Tattou
- Go to the option Battery
- Finally, turn off the option ‘Close after lock screen’
This will allow the Tattou application to send notifications to your smartphone, even when the phone is locked.
I cannot hear my baby!
For Apple users:
Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is not on silent mode. Even if the volume of your device is on high, the silent mode needs to be off in order to hear your baby. The silent mode is toggled by turning the switch on the side of the device.
For Android users:
Make sure that the volume of Media devices is ON and on a decent level. You can change the level of the volume easily in the settings menu of your device.
Can I use multiple smartphones or tablets with one Tattou baby monitor?
Of course you can! There is no limit in adding smartphones or tablets to your Tattou babymonitor. You simply need to choose the option “Extra receiver” in the installation process.
How do I use the talk-back feature?
Be sure that you hear your baby with the hearing function enabled, as shown on the image below. The microphone icon works as a push-to-talk button. The microphone icon needs to be pushed as long as you want to speak to your baby, release the button to hear your baby again.
Be sure that the volume of your babyphone is high enough so your baby can hear you clearly.
Make sure that your device has the permission to use the microphone. This can be verified in the settings menu of your device.
Why is the video black and white?
When nightvision is enabled, the image turns black and white.
Nightvision uses infrared light to monitor the surrounding. The camera of the babymonitor changes the invisible infrared lights to visible black and white images.
Your babymonitor VIO or PIO has the option to automatically (Auto) adjust the image according to the light in the room. When there is not enough light to view your baby, it will turn on the nightvision automatically. You can always turn this option on and off manually.
How do I change the password and/or username of my babymonitor?
It is highly recommended to change the password and/or username of your babymonitor. Using the standard login credentials may make it easier for other people to login to your babymonitor.
As soon as your babymonitor is connected, go to settings (indicated as a gear-wheel) and then choose ‘Change password’. You can choose a username and password to your preference.
Keep in mind that you should you this login credentials when adding an extra smartphone to your already installed babymonitor.
In case you have lost your password, perform a device reset.
How do I turn on notifications?
There are two methods to turn on the notifications of your Tattou babyphone.
I. Using the settings menu
- Go to the settings of your installed babyphone
- Go to the submenu ‘Notifications’
- You can choose to turn on motion and/or sound detection, and choose its sensitivity. Afterwards, confirm by pushing the V-shaped button in the upper right corner.
II. Using the monitoring screen
On the monitoring screen an option is foreseen to directly turn on/off both motion and sound notifications. Choosing the ‘On’ option will turn both sound and motion detection on medium sensitivity.
How do I turn off my Tattou babymonitor?
Your Tattou babymonitor will indicate that it is up and running by showing you the green indicator light.
To turn off your Tattou babymonitor press and hold the power button on the top of the device until the indicator light switches off. When no light is on, your baby monitor is off.